What is Faith-in-Action?
We replace our our regular worship service with mission projects in our community. We find the needs and do what we can to fill it.
Some Previous Projects:
* Community Garden: Our community garden is an ongoing project. Each year we try to expand or improve the garden so that we can grow more produce to distribute through our food pantry.
* Garfield St. house project: There is a family in our faith community that is renovating a house for a family to move into. There was flooring and painting to be done. Now that family is one step closer to having a home.
* Chestnut St. garage project: A member of our faith community had a elderly neighbor that had been trying for several years to get someone to paint her very much in need garage. It was a very large garage and much more work than one person could do in a weekend. It needed to be scraped, primed, and painted. There was a crew of about 8-12 people there through the weekend, it was completed and they even painted her porch with the left over paint!
* Beaudry Park: How sad it is to take your young child to a park where there is graffiti all around. We had a crew of people go out to the park and spend a great deal of time scrubbing off the graffiti from the play ground equipment.
* Brewster House & Friendship House: Another of our ongoing missions is to spend time with the elderly in our community. It is amazing how much joy a visit will bring.
* Fabius Project: Cortland UMC acquired the Fabius UMC and is in the process of turning it into a mission site. With several projects in the work there was no shortage of things for people to do.
* Lime Hollow Nature Center: A group of about 20 cleaned up a new section of trails and removed a huge amount of garbage and debris. This not only beautified the area, but removed safety concerns for the hundreds of people that walk the trails each week.